Welcome to the website of the Romanian Orthodox parish in Cambridge, UK, ‘St. John the Evangelist’.
Our parish belongs to the Romanian Orthodox Archiepiscopate of Occidental and Meridional Europe.
This parish formed in 2010, when father Dumitru Radulet offered the first services. The congregation cosists of faithful from Cambridge and surrounding areas. Since our community comprises both Romanian and British, and also for pastoral and missionary reasons, we try to offer our services in both Romanian and English (at least partly).
For details about the liturgical program or to get in touch with us please visit the contact page.
- Monday, 14 April, 16.30: Bridegroom Matins (of Holy Tuesday)
- Tuesday, 15 April, 16.30: Bridegroom Matins (of Holy Wednesday)
- Wednesday, 16 April, 16.30: Bridegroom Matins (of Holy Thursday)
- Thursday, 17 April, 18.00: Matins of Great and Holy Friday with the 12 Passion Gospels
- Friday, 18 April, 18.00: Matins of Great and Holy Saturday (Burial of our Lord, with Lamentations, and procession with the Shroud)
- Saturday, 19 aprilie, 23.30: Matins and Midnight Divine Liturgy - The Resurrection of Our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ
- Sunday, 20 aprilie, 13.00: Paschal Vespers - The Resurrection of Our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ
For up to date information please also check the services page.